PA to CEO and CIO
Resonance is the leading social impact investment company in the UK, working with social enterprises and investors to transform lives through investment and show how finance can be a force for good. This role is a unique opportunity to work directly as a Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive and Chief Investment Officers of this dynamic and fast growing organisation, to help deliver the overall mission of connecting capital with social enterprise. Candidates will have strong organizational, logistical and inter-personal skills, a desire to grow further in the role through learning about Resonance’s projects and partners, and a passion to see business used for positive social and environmental outcomes.
Location : Launceston, Cornwall
Hours : Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day (core hours 10 am to 4pm)
Salary : £28k to £32k, depending on experience
Responsible to : CEO and CIO
Direct Supervisory Responsibility for : None
Important Functional Relationships (Internal) : Members of the Leadership Team and Non Executive Directors.
Important Functional Relationships (External) : Resonance clients, investors and stakeholders
Key Purpose : To provide direct support to the two Executive Directors (CEO and CIO), helping coordinate their activities and key relationships as well as co-ordinate key projects and events.
The Role of PA
The CEO and CIO are based in different geographic locations and need someone to act to ensure they are able to be as joined up as possible in leading the business.
• Act as PA to both the CEO and CIO including helping to coordinate and manage their activities and key relationships. This will involve the usual duties of arranging diaries, booking travel arrangements, filtering phone calls and emails. However, the role also involves a high degree of responsibility for supporting the CEO and CIO in their roles, being fully briefed and aware of the status of key projects and initiatives they are involved in on an ongoing basis, and being able to anticipate needs, sensitively manage key external relationships and communicate effectively with the rest of the organisation. The CEO and CIO regard it as their role to support and empower all staff in their delivery of Resonance’s mission – the PA will play an important role in this.
• Act as host in Launceston to ensure positive and supportive working environment and oversee hosting in other sites and at both internal and external events. Resonance now has 5 locations across the country and is frequently involved in hosting events. The CEO and CIO regard it as their role to support Resonance’s whole team, and to welcome those who Resonance is collaborating with. As an extension of this, the PA will therefore work closely with Resonance’s Operations and Communications teams to ensure that the experience of those working within Resonance’s offices and those entering them is as positive and productive as possible.
• Prepare draft documents for the CEO and CIO from notes to include writing up minutes, drafting letters and preparing presentations.
• Act as Project co-ordinator for key projects being led by the CEO and CIO (e.g. Summer and Christmas whole team strategy days), including preparation of project plans, co-ordinating key participants and keeping project monitoring documents up to date.
Person specification – Key Strengths
• A team player; working with people both within and outside of the organization to get the job done. Makes staff feel supported and empowered when communicating with them.
• A ‘completer finisher’; capable of seeing projects through to detailed completion
• Resourceful; able to find solutions and make recommendations
• Dealing well with pressure – a demonstrated ability to cope with competing demands and tight deadlines with diplomacy, calmness and efficiency
• Negotiating/influencing skills – a proven ability to ensure the willing co-operation of others when not in a formal position of authority over them.
• Self reliant; independent and capable of bringing people along with them.
• Professional and discrete: capable of handling sensitive confidential information and being diplomatic if challenged
• Reliable; can be entrusted with tasks with high confidence of delivery
• Good communicator; can choose the right way to communicate in different circumstances in order to be effective
Essential experience and skills
• Fully subscribes to Resonance’s vision, mission and values.
• Enthusiasm to work in an entrepreneurial and innovative environment
• Good level of education
• Competent IT skills, including use of MS Office and web-based tools
• Good level of oral and written skills and numeracy
• Confident interpersonal and communication skills to deal with board, customers and other important stakeholders via telephone, email etc.
• Good levels of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to absorb, retain and recall information
• Able to plan and prioritize own work capable of confidently coping with a wide range of priorities at the same time
• Willing to work flexibly within an expanding team
• Professional and enthusiastic representative of the company
• Knowledge of or interest in the social enterprise sector
• Prior experience as PA to senior executives
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about why we do the work we do, click here to apply.