Marketing Communication Manager
Location: Launceston, Cornwall
Salary: up to £30,000 depending on experience
Experience: Must have relevant marketing experience
Hours: Monday to Friday, core hours 9am to 5pm
Responsible to: Head of Communications
Here’s why we need you (purpose)
As part of the Marketing and Communications team, you’ll help us create and then manage how we communicate both internally and with the outside world. Our “outside world” audience is quite diverse as it includes Individual Investors (High Net Worth Individuals), Local Government, Foundations and Social Enterprises. And of course, internal stakeholders.
You’ll be key to developing and delivering impactful, thought-provoking and responsive communications. This could range from writing a thought leadership piece to organising an event.
As well as bringing boundless energy to the role, you’ll have the drive to want to understand every part of our business, our passion and our purpose and use your knowledge to make improvements to our communications that result in them being “best in class”.
You’ll be working across the business, across multiple projects, across multiple media, all of which will keep you on your toes. This role is key to our future success, and will Report into the Head of Communications.
Here’s what you’ll do for us (responsibilities)
- Develop & deliver both online and offline communications
- You will create communications that stop our target audiences in their tracks
- Work with our external agency partners to develop our Brand story & PR
- Help us develop our Marketing strategy, Communications strategy and marketing plans
- Pro-actively look outside of the norm to identify new opportunities which put Resonance in the right place at the right time with both existing/potential investors and social enterprises
- You’ll work closely with our Investment and ventrues teams; your marketing colleagues; external partners; investors; social enterprises and importantly the Resonance internal team (and Board) to develop marketing and communication solutions
- You’ll bring confidence to help internal stakeholders, deliver improvements to how we communicate our key messages
Here’s what we will do for you (benefits)
As well as working for an innovative, growing business, with lots of variety and opportunity, we offer a competitive remuneration package, a flexible working environment and a flat management structure. The role offers the opportunity to work in a business that is pioneering and changing the face of investments and social enterprises in the UK
How you’ll be successful (measures)
- You will help us achieve our targets, for example, engage even more investors, increase our funds under management and help us put more capital in the hands of social enterprises
- Ensure our communications create greater awareness of Resonance and Social Impact Investing in the UK
- You’ll help deliver more innovative communications that get our target audience thinking and acting
- You’ll build a reputation for having strong relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally
- You’ll own actions and help and manage stakeholders, to make sure that we produce communications that are relevant to our audience and “right first time”
Who you’ll be working with (stakeholders)
- The Leadership Team & Board
- Marketing team
- Our Investment & Ventures team
What we want you to bring to us (your skills and experience)
- Significant experience in a marketing role
- Creative thinker
- Ability to work collaboratively across different stakeholders to make things happen
- Brilliant organisation skills
- A detailed understanding of on and offline communication techniques and media
- Understanding of how to harness the power of social media to engage with a target audience
- Passion and energy to challenge everything and make a difference
- Willingness to immerse yourself in what we do and understand trends and current topics
- Excellent writing skills, including knowledge of how to write for SEO, as well as produce Press Releases that get attention
- Experience of managing events and PR
- Preferably experience within Financial Services in the UK, if you’ve got experience in the Investment sector that would be a bonus
- Attention to detail and clear communication skills
- Enjoy rolling your sleeves up getting stuck in
- Did we mention we need you to have lots of energy!
What it feels like to work here (environment)
Resonance is a small but growing company, so you’ll need to enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment with a very friendly and supportive team. This role will give you the opportunity to work with stakeholders across the business, across various locations in the UK, so you must be comfortable with some travel as it will be required.
Telephone interviews will be conducted on 5th & 6th February
Face to face interviews will be conducted on 19th & 20th February in the Resonance Launceston office. This vacancy is to start ASAP
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply with your CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in working for Resonance, and why you think your experience would make a difference to us. We look forward to hearing from you.
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about why we do the work we do, click here to apply.