Location: Launceston, Cornwall
Salary: c.£25k – £30k (Participation in Employee Benefit Trust after 12 months)
Hours: Monday to Friday, core hours 9am to 5pm
Responsible to: Head of Finance
Important Functional Relationships:
Internal: Funds Financial Controller, Finance Officer, Managing Director, Investment Director, Other members of Resonance team;
External: Key stakeholders and potential customers, Borrowers in community organisations and social enterprises, along with their advisers, investors and suppliers;
Summary: This job description summarises the role of Management Accountant in the Finance Team based at Resonance’s Head office in Launceston. Our mission is to connect capital with social enterprise, and we have 15 years’ track record in delivering that. You will be working with all the different teams within Resonance, helping them to continue achieving this.
- Working under the direction of the Head of Finance to ensure that all group financial functions are carried out to enable the wider Resonance team to be effective and efficient in their day to day duties.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for each of the Group companies, including maintenance of all control accounts, completion of lead schedules, comparison to annual budget and updating the quarterly forecasting models.
- Purchase ledger processing, reconciliation and review, ensuring that suppliers are paid correctly and on time to maintain effective supplier relationships.
- Processing inter-company charges and ensuring that the inter-company accounts remain in balance.
- Credit control function
- Cash flow forecasting and management for the Group companies.
- Group VAT reporting.
Essential experience and skills:
- Professional accountancy qualification preferred but not essential
- Technically proficient and keeping up to date with changes in legislation
- Hands on approach to work, willing to get stuck in with a good team spirit
- Competent IT skills, including use of MS Office and web-based tools
- Confident interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to translate financial information to a variety of audiences
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to plan and prioritise own work
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Willing to work flexibility within a rapidly expanding company
- Professional and enthusiastic representative of the company
- Calm under pressure
- Keen to learn and enthusiasm to take on new challenges
- Fully shares in company values
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about why we do the work we do, click here to apply.