Location: Birmingham, UK
Salary: £25,000-£30,000, depending on experience, company pension scheme and participation in Employee Benefit Trust after 12 months
Hours: 37 ½ hours per week, Monday-Friday (part time considered)
Responsible to: Grace England, Investment Manager
Resonance is looking for an Investment Analyst to work in its Birmingham office, primarily on our recently launched Resonance West Midlands SITR (Social Investment Tax Relief) Fund. The ultimate objective of this Fund is to dismantle poverty and disadvantage in the West Midlands region, through providing affordable investment for local social enterprises to grow their businesses and their impact.
You will be joining a small, already established team to help with the origination and execution of investments from the Fund.
Our overall mission is to connect capital with social enterprise and we have 16 years track record in delivering that. Resonance now manages over £170m through 8 different social investment Funds, including one of the first SITR Funds to be launched in the country (the Resonance Bristol SITR Fund), from which the West Midlands SITR Fund was replicated earlier this year.
Important Functional Relationships (Internal): Chief Investment Officer, Resonance West Midlands SITR Fund Investment Committee
Important Functional Relationships (External): Social Enterprise Investees, Social Enterprise Networks and Support Organisations, Investors, Financial Advisors and Wealth Managers; Key Purpose:
The Investment Analyst’s primary role will be to assist the Investment Manager in the deployment and operation of the Resonance West Midlands SITR Fund, with the ultimate aim of affecting positive social change in the West Midlands region.
- Assisting in origination, execution and ongoing management of investments from the Fund.
- Ongoing monitoring of Fund in accordance with agreed remit, terms and objectives.
- Undertaking financial analysis and preparation of committee papers and investment recommendations for the Investment Committee.
- Building Resonance’s network within the West Midlands social enterprise and investment community.
- Taking part in meetings, conferences and events
- Promoting Resonance to social enterprises and identifying potential investees
- Developing relationships with investors and other partners
- Assisting with reporting to Resonance’s management team and Board
- Deputising for other team members
- Undertaking other duties as required
- Essential experience and personal qualifications:
- Genuine passion for social enterprise, innovation and change, and a desire to support it
- The ability to understand, interpret, and explain financial and business documentation
- Commercial acumen and the ability to spot opportunities
- Good financial modelling capabilities and an aptitude for investment analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong networking, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- The ability to be self-contained, self-motivated, and work independently, combined with a responsiveness to goals and performance targets
- Willing to travel within the UK, primarily within the West Midlands region, and work with colleagues in multiple locations using appropriate communications technology
- Enthusiasm to work in an entrepreneurial and innovative environment
- Desire to help address social issues through impact investment
- Fully subscribes to Resonance’s vision, mission and values
- Experience in investment processes or management consultancy
- Knowledge of the West Midlands region
- Experience of working within the West Midlands
- Educated to degree level
- FCA approval or other professional qualifications
- Exposure to investment deals either as an investor, enterprise, or professional adviser
- Experience of social enterprise, entrepreneurial business, or both
Genuine passion for social enterprise, innovation and change, and a desire to support it The ability to understand, interpret, and explain financial and business documentation Commercial acumen and the ability to spot opportunities Good financial modelling
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about why we do the work we do, click here to apply.