Intern: Finance Assistant
Location: Launceston, Cornwall
Term: 6 Months
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday – 9am to 5pm
Resonance is recruiting an Intern to support the finance team with the management of social impact funds.
Resonance is now a team of around 30 people plus associates working across five locations in the UK. We are a social impact investment company with a mission to connect capital with social enterprise, and we have 15 years track record in delivering that. We do that in two main ways – firstly through our Ventures team, who advise social enterprises on raising investment and act as deal arrangers; secondly, through our Funds team, who design, raise and manage focused impact investment funds.
If you are passionate about why we do the work we do, willing to learn and work in a team, please see the detailed Job Description below.
Responsible to: Head of Finance
Direct Supervisory Responsibility for: None
Important Functional Relationships:
Internal: Head of Finance, Funds Financial Controller, Funds team, Finance Officer, Management Accountant.
External: Contractors, borrowers in community organisations.
To provide direct support to the Finance Team, with a particular emphasis on social impact funds.
The Role of Funds Financial Assistant:
- Assist with book-keeping and processing of transactions relating to the Funds
- Be able to maintain basic cash-flow forecasts
- Maintain an organised and accurate filing system
- Provide administrative support to the Finance Team
- Liaise with suppliers where required
- Attendance at periodic team meetings at various locations in the UK
- Assisting with general office duties at the Launceston office
This person will be:
- A team player; working with people both within and outside of the organisation to get the job done
- Have a good attention to detail
- Efficient; capable of managing multiple processes simultaneously, ensuring that deadlines are met but able to react to changing circumstances.
- Professional and discrete; capable of handling sensitive confidential information and being diplomatic if challenged
- Able to travel to the other office locations which are currently London, Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol
Essential Experience and Skills:
- Fully subscribes to Resonance’s vision, mission and values
- Good level of education
- Formal accountancy experience/training
- Competent IT skills including use of MS Office and web based tools
- Good level of oral and written skills and numeracy
- Thorough and detailed approach to organising work and maintaining accurate records
- Confident interpersonal and communication skills to deal with customers and clients via telephone, email etc
- Good levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to plan and prioritise own work
- Willing to work flexibly within an expanding team
- Professional and enthusiastic representative of the company
- Knowledge of or interest in the social enterprise sector
- Enthusiasm to work in an entrepreneurial and innovative environment
- Desire to help address social issues through impact investment
- Accountancy qualification
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about why we do the work we do, willing to learn and work in a team, apply here.