“Affordable Financing for Social Enterprises”
Katalin Juhász, Investment Manager at social impact investment company Resonance, talks about the award winning Resonance Bristol Social Investment Tax Relief Fund, which has already raised £1.8m of a target £5m, to support social enterprises in and around Bristol that intentionally target the root causes of poverty.
The Fund has been recently established by social impact investment company Resonance which has a local Bristol presence. Resonance has been actively working with and investing in social enterprises which are intentionally helping to rebuild lives and affect real change through a business model.
The Fund uses Social Investment Tax Relief (SITR) to enable social enterprises to access affordable, more patient finance, from individuals that share in their social mission, whilst still offering investors a financial return on their investment that reflects the risk.
Enterprises already benefiting from investment from the Fund in 2016 are:
• PAPER Arts, a Community Interest Company that helps creative young people and the unemployed develop their potential through
• South Bristol Sports Centre, a charity using the power of sport to break down community barriers and offer young people life-changing opportunities.
• Bristol 24/7, from different communities all across Bristol, and offering training, work placements and internships in journalism, for young people from marginalized neightbourhoods.
Whilst the three enterprises are very different in their business models, they all share the ambition to offer real solutions for tackling poverty, with a particular emphasis in these cases on offering life-changing opportunities for marginalized people. Other areas the Fund is interested to support through investment include:
- Supporting those with life controlling addictions
- Rehabilitation and support for ex-offenders
- Improving health and wellbeing
- Job creation and education
- Access to decent affordable accommodation
- Reducing the cost of living
Social enterprises that are looking to grow their business and impact are invited to apply for funding and encouraged to get in touch to discuss potential areas of their activities which could benefit from investment. We are here to support you and we will do our best to be flexible.
Download our leaflet to see if your enterprise might be eligible to apply:
Visit our “Resonance Bristol SITR Fund Get Investment” page for more information.
You can contact Katalin by phone t/ 0117 214 0389 or email e/ firstname.lastname@example.org